You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
Benefits of naming The Salvation Army as a beneficiary of your IRA
- You, your heirs and your estate avoid income taxes on the distribution of the assets.
- It is easy, you can simply name The Salvation Army as a beneficiary through your financial institution.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.